1. Jon and I got the opportunity to go to Chicago for a couple of days and we actually had a good time this time! The past 2 times we had gone together both ended in disaster (or what we classify as a disastrous trip) so I was pretty happy that nothing terrible happened. I forgot my camera, but my sister-in-law had hers so I will post some pictures when I get some from her. Some highlights include:
- Going to the Field Museum (more details coming up)
- Sitting outside this random bar we found for appetizers and drinks before dinner
- Giordano's pizza - I would love to try to recreate this at home!
- Being able to be in a city & relax at the same time - Jon and I did a little shopping on our own (where I picked up a super cute shirt at Forever 21) and then just sat at Border's with some coffee & magazines
- Frontera Grill - some of the best food I've had!
- Walking down by the river in the evening and checking out the Vietnam memorial
- And the best part - just being able to spend some quality time with Jon since we don't have that many opportunities to do that at home during a regular week
3. We visited the Field Museum on Thursday because we could get in free that day. We only had 2 hours there & I honestly could have spent at least half a day there. I am a huge history buff so I would have liked to be able to read more about some of the items they have, but I also understood that I was with people who may not have been as interested as I am in some of that stuff! We got to see the early America exhibit, ancient Egypt exhibit, the largest T-rex in the world and some other artifacts from American history. I would actually like to go back some day and spend more time there!