Monday, January 24, 2011

The thing about Monday.

Sleeping in on the weekend, while glorious, always messes with me. I tried my usual techniques to try to fall asleep last night. I listened to my wave machine. I sprayed lavender linen spray. I did a little deep breathing. Nothing worked. Therefore, I got less than 6 hours of sleep when I usually try to get at least 7. Not good. So I definitely relied on lots of coffee to wake me up today. 


Its effects have now worn off though. It's only 5:30 and I'm exhausted. But, I get to have dinner with a friend tonight so I think that should give me a little energy! At least I hope so because I definitely don't want to be a conversational dud.

Do you have this problem on the weekends? What do you do to give yourself some Monday energy?
 

5 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for swinging by my blog! Yours is great too! This Monday was a drag. Quitting time just took way too long to get here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stef. I wanted to check out your blog after you mentioned it yesterday. I don't think I've seen it before, but it's really fun to read! I'm following you in my Google reader now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been finally getting into a running routine in the afternoons, and that has made a huge impact on other areas of life. Particularly having energy for all those other things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lame comment of the day...but that's my favorite coffee mug ever. 200% kid proof. Just to let you know. :)

    ReplyDelete