Saturday, March 5, 2011

It's a weekend full of friends.

I think spring is really coming. I am starting to come out of my hibernation shell and get out more. I think it's also been good for my mental health because whenever I don't see people enough I start to get a little crazy. I suppose that's the extrovert in me.

My weekend started on Thursday. One nice thing about subbing is that I can make my own schedule. I finally got a chance to go to Cocktails at the Conservatory, where we drank martinis and looked at pretty flowers & glass art. It was nice to see some green plants after not seeing anything living for awhile. We then grabbed some dinner at Barley's Smokehouse and Brewpub, which is a local microbrewery. I got the burger with bacon and avocado slices...so good!

Picture from Conservatory website
Last night some very good friends came to visit us. We grabbed dinner at California Pizza Kitchen, checked out a few stores at the mall, got Coldstone for dessert, then came back to our house for a couple rousing games of Outburst Remix and Scene It Xbox edition. Most of the time my friends don't like to have game nights with me because I tend to be overly competitive and get pretty angry when I lose, but I actually held it together and did not complain when I lost both games. Am I finally learning to enjoy games just for the sake of playing them with friends for fun? Let's hope so.


Today I plan on getting a few things done around the house, doing a little reading, grabbing coffee with an old friend, and possibly hanging out with some other friends later tonight.

What are you up to this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment