|Note the stationary. I've had it since 7th grade - they are gymnast bears. haha.|
My Monday started earlier than usual since my little boy is teething and has not been sleeping well the past few days. Nights have been pretty rough around here. But, I finally got him down for his morning nap and made some breakfast and have been working on my menu and grocery list for the week. Breakfast was delicious -- I fried up 2 eggs (I just spray the pan with cooking spray to cut down on the fat) with some salt, pepper and hot sauce and then put them on top of this spicy bread spread with a wedge of laughing cow cheese. Served with a vat of coffee on the side!
Just some weekend tidbits...it was a great one!:
- Took a little break from cooking and ordered pizza from Papa John's. I don't care that it's a chain. It's delicious.
- Watched Dan in Real Life. It's one of our favorite fall movies.
- Attended a good friend's son's 1st birthday party. She accepted donations to a local no-kill animal shelter in lieu of gifts. It was fun to watch all the babies play with the dog toys.
- Went to another good friend's wedding reception. It was a low-key cookout at his parents' house and it was nice to relax and catch up with friends I hadn't seen in awhile.
- Watched Notre Dame win!
- Watched a lot of Sunday football and my fantasy team score some good points. I think I might even win this week!
- Enjoyed a cool fall evening at the park last night. Eli and I sat on a blanket on the grass while we watched daddy play basketball. He also enjoyed swinging and me taking him down the slide for the first time.
- Made chicken and tortellini soup (adapted from this recipe) and the aforementioned bread for dinner. I'm declaring Sundays soup and bread day through winter now.
What did you do this weekend?
Have you made any delicious breakfasts recently?