Sunday, June 14, 2009

Donations galore.

I haven't updated in a month...however, I don't think many people even read this blog so I guess there are less people to disappoint!

Jon and I move into our new apartment this week! We get our keys tomorrow and plan to move most of our stuff over throughout the week, then load up all of the big furniture and other items in a Uhaul on Saturday. We have gone through our bedroom closets, the basement, and part of the office so far to figure out what to keep, throw away, give away or donate. We donated 8 bags of clothes/bedding/old towels and 2 bags of miscellaneous items to Goodwill yesterday. It felt so good to get rid of things! We also have a bunch of stuff we are giving away to friends if they want it...then donating whatever doesn't get taken.

We window shopped at a few furniture stores yesterday to find a new coffeetable and some end tables. I fell in love with this coffee table (it also has matching end tables) that is above our price range at the moment:

I love that is has a lot of storage space, especially because our new apartment's living room is actually smaller than our current one. This set would work well in our price range, but I'm not sure if I like the legs on the tables (they feel a little too "country" for me) but I do like the tops of the tables:

We need to decide within the next week. I looked online last night at a million sites and everything I liked was above our price range, of course! We are also buying a washer & dryer since the new apartment does not supply them for us. We found a couple of options last night as well. I'm sure we will have it all figured out by Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment