Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Evolution of Our Dining Table

Jon and I bought a new dining table from World Market this summer when we moved into our new apartment. Our old table was one that I got from Value City when I first moved out on my own and it was a small round table with 2 chairs. Our new table is square and has 4 chairs. It expands to seat 6 by pulling the table apart and flipping the extender over. Then we just use our 2 chairs from our old table! Anyways, here are some pictures of how the decor has changed since we have gotten it.

When we first got our table in the summer, we just had a glass bowl filled with brown wicker balls in the center of the table.


When fall arrived, we added some leaf placements with brown napkins wrapped with various leaf napkin rings. I eventually replaced the glass bowl with a metal pumpkin that had a tea light candle holder in the middle. However, I never took a picture of that!


This is our current set-up. We bought some gray snowflake place mats with white napkins wrapped with metal snowflake napkin holders. In the center is a glass hurricane fitted with a red sparkly candle with fake cranberry filler. I debated whether to add a red tablecloth with white snowflakes on the corners that I have, but I think it might be too much.


Stay tuned for more holiday decorating!

1 comment:

  1. I found that I was able to buy good RTA dining table and chairs for a great price at the metroloftfurniture.com. It was less costly than elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete