Monday, November 30, 2009

Holiday Decor

I love decorating for Christmas. It's my favorite time of the year and fortunately, I have a husband who loves Christmas as much as I do. We got our Christmas tree from a tree farm this past weekend and decorated our apartment for the holidays as well. Here are just some snapshots.

We had quite the process to get our wreath up and going. We bought a wreath at Target that ended up not working so then we went and got one at Home Depot instead. It has lights on it, but you really can't tell in this picture. We bought some berry sprigs to tuck in around the wreath.


This little guy hangs out on the front door handle. You'll notice I decorate a lot with snowmen since they can stay up through the winter!


I'm a big fan of resting signs/artwork against the wall on top of stands/bookcases. I do this with regular artwork throughout the year, especially if I don't have wall space for some of it. Do you notice the California raisin & mouse in a leaf next to the candle? Those are some ornaments that Jon had growing up that lost their strings/hooks so instead of keeping them in the box, I just set them out on top of our DVD cabinet as something that is reminiscent for him.


When I lived on my own, I used lime green, teal, blue and silver as my colors. Instead of forgetting about these non-traditional colors, I decided to use them in the bathroom instead. Jon hates it, but I like it. I used a green platter from the kitchen and placed a glittery silver candle on it with 2 tea light candle holders on each side that hold small ornaments. I used fake crystal vase filler across the tray.


Here's a close-up shot of the bowl with ornaments in it. You can see more of the fake crystal filler here too.


This tray used to belong to my grandma. It's resting on the top of the bookshelf in our bedroom.


And lastly, here is our tree!



No comments:

Post a Comment