Monday, January 3, 2011

Ridding my body of carb and sugar overload

At some point during the holidays my body starts craving fruits and vegetables (thank God for large bags of clementines!). Therefore, I picked up a couple new cookbooks with a Barnes & Noble gift card I got for Christmas. They are Everyday Food: Fresh Flavor Fast and Everyday Food: Great Food Fast. I got them for 2 reasons: 1) They were buy one get one 50% off and 2) I flipped through them and the recipes looked healthy, fast and flavorful. Plus I am always looking to try new foods! Here's my menu for the week based on the Fresh Flavor Fast cookbook. I like that one because it divides the recipes into seasons so you can get ideas for how to incorporate the season's freshest produce into your meals.

Sunday: Cod with fennel and potatoes & a mixed green salad (arugula, frisee, radicchio) with citrus dressing
Monday: Chicken with prosciutto and sage & a fennel, orange and parsley salad
Tuesday: Lentil soup & green salad with lemon parmesan vinaigrette
Wednesday: Potato and onion frittata & leftover salad ingredients
Thursday: Roast beef with shallots and roasted potatoes & lemon-thyme green beans
Friday: Leftovers or out
Saturday: Baked ravioli & broccoli with orange sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment