Sunday, February 20, 2011

I love 3 day weekends.

Usually when I wake up on Sunday I get really sad because it's my last day of freedom before I have to go back to work. Today I woke up and had that feeling for about 2 seconds, then realized that I actually don't have to work tomorrow and can enjoy today without that dreaded "the weekend is almost over" feeling. 

I made an easy and quick dinner last night that I thought I would share. I usually have a meal plan for each week and know exactly what I'm going to make each night. However, I didn't get around to that this week and just picked up random items at the store in hopes of creating meals with them. This is what I created last night:

Sorry for the yellow-ness of the picture. It was dark when I took this!

Chicken, Red Pepper, and Corn Quesadillas
Ingredients:
No real measurements - I just threw it together
Chicken, trimmed and cubed
Half a red pepper, diced
Corn (mine was frozen from last summer)
Taco seasoning (I used homemade - I would say about 2 tsp.)
Shredded Mexican cheese
Whole wheat tortillas

Directions:
Saute chicken and red peppers in olive oil over medium high heat until chicken is no longer pink. Add taco seasoning and stir to coat. Add corn and cook to heat through. Scoop mixture onto half of a tortilla, add cheese, then fold over. Put on George Foreman to heat through and get those nice grill marks. :) 
Notes: You can also do this in a pan, but I like to use my George Foreman for quesadillas and paninis - basically anything that needs pressed together. I also make half quesadillas instead of using 2 whole tortillas to make one because it fits on my George Foreman that way.

I served these with salads and nonfat refried beans.

Enjoy!

How was your Saturday? Did you cook anything or go out to eat?

1 comment:

  1. This looks really good! I like the combination of ingredients! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete