Saturday, March 26, 2011

So...it's kinda been awhile.

It's been a great weekend so far. 

Last night we got together with a group of friends to celebrate our friend's homecoming from Japan. He had been teaching English over there for a couple of years, but came back to the States due to everything that's happening in that area of the world. It was great to catch up with everyone and it makes me happy that we all still try to get together at least once a month even though we don't live in the same towns anymore. I forgot my camera (again) so no pictures to post, but they would have been filled with tacos, drinks, laughing, talking, paper grading (one of our friends is a 3rd grade teacher & we like to help her grade...haha) and a horrible OSU basketball game.

Today I have just been enjoying a relaxing Saturday with reading, coffee and sweet potato and black bean hash.

I got the recipe here.
I did add a little too much cayenne (that's what I get for dumping instead of measuring) so it was a spicier than it should have been, but still really good! I saved some for tomorrow too. :) 

Read more about this book here.
I've been reading In the Woods and it reminds me an episode of Criminal Minds, which is one of my favorite shows. I'm only about half-way through, but I hope to finish it this weekend!

What are you doing this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment