Monday, August 22, 2011

Weekend tidbits.

I had a pretty low-key weekend, which is exactly what I needed before school starts this week. Speaking of that, I was able to get a job for the first day of school! It's only a half-day, but I really didn't think that I would be working that day at all. I'm hoping to fill up the rest of the week quickly.

Friday

Source
I ended up throwing out the pot roast that I cooked the other night, which unfortunately resulted in no leftover sandwiches for Friday's dinner. So we ended up ordering grinders from a local shop, which I then paired with fresh corn on the cob and salads. We also watched the Browns 2nd preseason game. They lost, but preseason doesn't really matter. It's just nice to watch football!





Saturday

Source
I spent the day cleaning, running errands and reading, but then got to watch gymnastics! Gymnastics is not on TV very often, but I love when it is. The Visa Championships this year also showcased some gymnasts who could potentially be on the 2012 Olympic Team and there were a couple of girls who I think can do really well if they make the team. I also enjoyed watching Shawn Johnson, Alicia Sacramone and Chelsie Memmel who all competed in the 2008 Olympics.

 Sunday

Source
Source

















 

Sunday afternoon I finished reading a new young adult book. I don't always read young adult, but sometimes a book catches my eye in my monthly Goodreads newsletter. I also like to read a few young adult books so I can recommend good books to students. It was an interesting read and on a topic that I typically don't gravitate towards (witches), but I liked it. You can click on the source under the picture for a synopsis on Goodreads. Jon and I ended up watching Arthur (a re-make of a 1981 movie) after dinner and I thought it was a cute/funny movie (not the best movie I've ever seen, but I did like the cast).

What did you do this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment