Monday, September 12, 2011

Teenage guilty pleasures.






Since I have nothing that exciting to report on today, besides my fantasy football team winning yesterday (yay!), I thought I would talk a little about guilty pleasures. I have seen Hanson pop up on a few blogs recently, which brought back many memories starting in 1997. I was just slightly (okay, fully) obsessed with Hanson and found myself taping (on a VCR!) any show they appeared on and all of their videos, plastering my walls with their posters and playing their CDs on repeat. Luckily my best friend and cousin were just as obsessed so I didn't feel like a complete freak. :) I remember the first time I heard MMMBop on the radio. I immediately turned it up and felt happy. I think that is the main reason I fell in love with the band. I was at the tail end of a rough freshman year of high school and needed something to lift my spirits. Hanson did that for me.


What was your teenage guilty pleasure? Were you into Hanson?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Hanson ... who DIDN'T love those guys? I still have all their CDs :) I was more of a BSB fan though - the type who would across three provinces to see them in concert and sleep in line overnight if it was general admission so I'd get a better spot!

    ReplyDelete