Monday, December 19, 2011

7th Day of Christmas

I forgot to take pictures while baking today! Here's one from foodnetwork.com.
I woke up bright and early (for a Sunday at least!) and got to work baking Christmas cookies. I made cut-out cookies (recipe below) and monster cookies yesterday, and plan to make the other 2 types of cookies and peanut butter fudge throughout the week. I did cut each of these recipes in half and got 3.5 dozen for each cookie so if you make them just be aware that the full recipe makes a TON of cookies! I froze all of the cookies and will ice the cut-out cookies the day before I plan to use them. I will say that it was really hard not to sample a few of them before putting them in the freezer!

Cut-out sugar cookies - recipe from a family friend


Cream together the following ingredients:


1 cup shortening (yes, I know...but I've been using this recipe for years and love it!)
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup buttermilk
1 t. salt
1 t. baking soda
1 T. baking power

Then add 6 cups flour and mix well. Cut out whatever shapes you want!

Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Ice and enjoy. :)

How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment