Sunday, December 11, 2011

It's the most wonderfully busy time of the year....

Pinterest via Gwenne Lopshire via Blissfully Content
It's definitely been a busy past few days! Here's the run-down...
  • I spent most of Thursday evening prepping for our annual friends' Christmas party by making these peanut butter sandwich cookies and wrapping our contributions to the ornament exchange. I chose a red sparkly snowflake ornament and Jon chose an antler picture frame in which he inserted a funny picture of himself.
  • On Friday we co-hosted our 5th annual friends' Christmas party and I must say that it was a success! I prepared a hot chocolate bar with mini-marshmallows, chopped up Andes mints, chopped up caramels, whipped cream, and chocolate and hazelnut wafer stick cookies. I also made a pan of cheesy potatoes to enjoy with our main course of ham and other appetizers and side dishes that other party-goers contributed. So we did a lot of eating, talking, laughing, ornament exchanging and caroling throughout the evening. I stayed up until 3am talking and cleaning up which is basically unheard of these days for this pregnant lady! Could be why I slept almost 12 hours last night in order to catch up...
  •  My sweet friends hosted a baby shower brunch for Jon and I the next morning. They used an owl theme (which I love!) and served up pumpkin cinnamon rolls (YUM!), various quiches, a blueberry french toast bake, fruit and orange juliuses. Everyone decorated a onesie for our little baby boy and some of the designs they came up with are pretty funny. I will try to remember to take a picture to post on here! We are extremely grateful for the gifts they gave us as well and feel like we have a start to being ready for him to arrive! If any of you read this blog, thank you so much for the shower - we love you all! 
Jon and I plan to go look at a new place to live today and then do a little Christmas shopping. I plan to try not to think about teaching at all today so I can enjoy the rest of this fun weekend.

What did you do this weekend? Did you attend any fun holiday parties?

No comments:

Post a Comment