Monday, December 5, 2011

Let's talk Christmas cookies.

Source: www.bhg.com

I'm a baker. I always have been and probably always will be. One of my favorite "jobs" throughout my tween and teen years was baking all of the Christmas cookies for my family. I have continued the tradition of baking cookies for my family & friends every year since. Like most people, I have my favorite cookies I make year after year, but I do try to switch it up a bit every now and then. Of course, I can never narrow down the choices so I make an overabundance of cookies that contribute to everyone's holiday waistlines. Sorry, family and friends - it's what I do! Many food blogs I read have started to post holiday cookies and I am already starting to add more to my holiday mix. Here are some that have caught my eye lately:

Chewy Peppermint Mocha Cookies - Eat, Live, Run

Peppermint Mocha Cookies - Sunny Side Up in San Diego

Chubby Hubby Truffles - Brown Eyed Baker

Cranberry Streusal Shortbread Bars - Fine Cooking

Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies - Pass the Sushi

I am sure that I will be adding more inspiration to my list in the next week or so!


What cookies do you plan to make this year? What are your favorites?


1 comment:

  1. I make toblerone fudge for Christmas every year - it's pretty amazing, if I do say so myself! Now, though, I have a SIL who's allergic to nuts so I have to come up with some new recipes! Too bad all my favourites usually include peanut butter...

    ReplyDelete