Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The true spirit of Christmas.

A Christmas Carol was the inspiration for the trip.
We took our freshman students on a field trip today to sort through and bag Christmas toys for little kids who may not get anything for Christmas otherwise. I was amazed at their generous spirit and willingness to give back to the community. We sometimes think that teenagers don't care about anyone besides themselves, but they definitely proved that theory wrong today. I was so proud of them! We had time when we got back to the school so they all then made Christmas cards to give to local nursing home residents and they even got into the holiday spirit then too! I have loved working with this group of students (even though I have had my frustrating moments with them as well!) so I am sad that I have a limited amount of time to work with them this year. However, I am glad that today they showed the true meaning of Christmas in their thoughtful actions towards others.

How do you give back during the holiday season?

No comments:

Post a Comment