Friday, January 2, 2009

Numbers 24, 25 & 35

I decided today that I was going to pick out the books that I would start reading this month. I have actually had all of these books for a long time, and have started reading a few pages from each one, but now I want to actually finish them. Additionally, reading is very important to me and something that I love to do but have found that I have not made the time for. I hope with my new goals that I will make this a regular habit again.

I picked out Wanting All the Right Things by Shirin Taber as my spiritual book for the month. She writes about issues that women face today and how to turn from anxiety about having a perfect life to how to focus more on having a more satisfying life.


I picked out 10 Days That Unexpectedly Changed America by Steven M. Gillon as my social studies related book for the month. I am studying to be a history teacher and have a lot of history books that I have not read yet. My goal is to start reading these books that are just sitting on my shelves. I figured this would be a good one to start with since it focuses on 10 separate incidents in American history.

Lastly, I picked out Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Dai Sijie as my fiction book for the month. I found this book recommendation from a magazine a long time ago and saw that it got some great reviews. It's not normally a fiction book I would be drawn to, so I am excited to read it and see if I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment