Sunday, February 22, 2009

It's February 22nd...and what do I have to show for myself?

Practically nothing. I have been terrible at keeping up with my goals. I always do this to myself. I set myself up for failure. There, I said it. I make impossible, unrealistic goals and think that I can actually accomplish each and every single one of them. And I always do it in the midst of a crazy, hectic schedule. Here's a small snapshot of my life during the week: student teach all day, come home to change & grab a quick snack (this is when I actually see Jon during the week - a whole half hour), work until 7 (8 on Mondays), come home & make dinner, then sit on my couch and watch TV until I go to bed between 10 & 11. Where the heck am I supposed to find the time to do all of these goals I set for myself? Ok, maybe I don't have to watch TV all night but I am so tired by the time I get home that's all I want to do! However, instead of neglecting my goals I am determined to work on some of them, not ALL of them. I will post sometime this week about what goals I want to focus on for March. I think breaking things down a little more will be less overwhelming and will make meeting my goals more fun (because these are things that I really do want to do!).

No comments:

Post a Comment