Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Green feels serene.

I decided to check out a couple thrift stores in town to see what I could find to decorate my home. It seems like the cool thing to do these days. Things are kinda scattered around our apartment and I want to make everything a little more cohesive & pretty at the same time. Here are the items I came home with:

Tall, clear glass vase: $1
Short, footed green glass bowl: $1

I also went to Wal-Mart and picked up some potpourri to fill the green glass bowl, which only cost $1. The bag should last a few fill-ups as well.


I know the green glass is really old (and some would say an outdated form of decorating), but I like it because it goes with the green, brown, & white theme we have going on in our bathroom. Here's the glass bowl filled with potpourri and then a shot of where it eventually made its home in the bathroom.

New decoration for just $2 total!

This shelving unit needs a lot of work. I am planning on putting a white basket next to the CD player (as mentioned in a previous post) to hold the CD's that are currently just stacked there. I know a CD player is not the most eye-catching item in a bathroom, but it is important to have tunes while we're getting ready! I am also not sure if I should just leave the books/magazines stacked like that, or figure out a different way to display them. Oh, and there is an eyeglasses case that should not be there. It got set there earlier today and I never put it away. Oops!

As for the clear vase, I cleaned that up too and it will soon hold flowers for the center of the kitchen table. We have a friend coming to stay with us for a couple of weeks so I plan to get some fresh flowers on the day he gets here.

No comments:

Post a Comment