Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Why I'm a Wimp.

I live in Ohio. It snows here. Frequently. However, I have never managed to learn how to drive in it without completely freaking out. I had so much anxiety driving home from work today that I was literally shaking and felt like my heart was beating outside of my chest. And the roads were not even that terrible, although still slushy and slick. I am ashamed to admit that I am not a snow driver, nor will I ever be. I am actually surprised I made it up the driveway today. Most of the time I don't. I then shoveled so that my husband can get up it when he gets home. Although he never really seems to have a problem with that. Hmm. Shoveling seemed to help relieve some of my anxiety though! I suppose manual labor will do that.

This is me shoveling. We also own a cheap shovel. That's my fault.
Does anyone else freak out if they have to drive in the snow? Please tell me it's not just me!

2 comments:

  1. Yes! I'm convinced because my mom never let me drive when it was snowing, that now i'm doomed for life when it comes to driving in the winter -- it makes me panic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly what happened to me! It's totally cool to blame our moms :)

    ReplyDelete