Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Reading cookbooks.

Image from Amazon.com
 I like cookbooks that tell a story. I just finished In the Small Kitchen written by the bloggers of Big Girls Small Kitchen. They included stories of how recipes originated or contributed to gatherings of friends, then listed the recipes. They also have a lot of recipes on their blog, which I just added to my Google Reader. Many of their recipes include simple and fresh ingredients that most people have as staples in their pantries and fridges. Some of the best meals I have made are ones that are made from these staples. It really makes me want to embrace simplicity in cooking more often. These ingredients often lend themselves to delicious meals that don't take hours to prepare, which is always a plus in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment